Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Traveling Tails Revisited: a weekend on the East Coast

As I mentioned in a previous post last weekend C and I took an epic adventure across four states to a best friend's wedding in Savannah, GA. Along the way we stopped in Mobile to pick up Morgan:

On Thursday we dropped her off in Jacksonville and spent the night with another B.F. from college (Andrea) and her husband Brendan. Andrea and I took a beautiful walk around their neighborhood which sits right on the river and is surrounded by huge live oak trees covered in Spanish moss. For dinner they made us an amazing meal of fried eggplant topped with fried tilapia: very good. After dinner they took us out in Jacksonville and we were pleasantly surprised by how much was going on on a Thursday night.

Andrea
Layla

Brendan












a game of Apples to Apples
brew posters





dancing 


Friday morning we woke up early and headed to Savannah. It was so good to be back. I was surprised though because the feeling was nostalgic, I felt as if I had never left. The city is mostly the same. Although I marveled at all the rules we were restricted by ("put my drink in a cup? why can't I just walk around with the bottle?") Only coming from New Orleans does Savannah seem strict.


Saturday C and I went for lunch at Gryphon Tea Room, which used to be our favorite lunch spot. They had done a big remodel and it was much more upscale than I remember, but the food was actually better so it was a hit.




After lunch I walked around town by myself because C was spending his time with the other groomsmen. This is what I saw:









And finally the wedding. Enjoy, I know we sure did!







first dance 



Like everything, the end was bittersweet. Farewell to friends we don't see enough and promises of getting together more often.

Monday - back to work, back to reality. Three weeks until the school year is complete!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pics! I will be heading down for Jillian's second babies birth next Thursday and staying for a week! Lets meet up!

    ReplyDelete