Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggs and Big Easter Dinner Plans

Dyed eggs from craft night 
We will most certainly be posting the highlights from our beautiful, relaxing, and much needed break on the Emerald Coast. But, while you are waiting, I would like to preface with the amazing dinner Easter dinner we have planned for tomorrow, and all the day ahead work we'll be doing today. I've had the good fortune of spending the entire week with my mom (mostly one on one, which hasn't happened since college). While C and I were driving to Destin last Friday, she called. The conversation went like this, M: "You're going to Destin?" L: "Yes!" M:"I want to come!" L:"Really? That's awesome!" and 48 hours later we were all boating through the bay together. So, today I will have her help as well. We've been working on the menu all week, collecting ingredients and perfecting the pairings. C is filming Paper Cranes all weekend so I think on top of 10-15 of our closest friends, we will also be serving 10-15 weary dancers.

Easter Menu



photo by kitchendaily.com

Appetizers:
Deviled eggs (the traditional ones)

Antipasta plate
Hummus and pita





photo by realsimple.com 


Dinner:
Roasted beef with slow cooked tomatoes and garlic (RealSimple.com) we're using a tenderloin
Grilled asparagus
Big pot of gumbo! served over rice and topped with crab
Salad (to be determined by the farmers market today)





















photo by thedailygreen.com

Desert: Carrot cake with cream cheese icing (sparkpeople.com)









Today I will:

  • make the gumbo
  • buy the salad ingredients
  • boil the eggs
  • maybe make the deviled egg filling, more research is needed on whether this is the best option.
  • marinate the beef
  • make the hummus
  • grill the pita chip
Yesterday I made some more chicken stock for the gumbo, because I was running low from my last batch, seen here.

More Easter projects for another time:

tickledpinkwithrosesandpearls.com

My aunt makes beautiful things, and here's what she's been up to for Easter. Check it out here.
photo from Rachelrayshow.com

These chicks from the Rachel Ray show, are adorable! I don't like the idea of a whole egg though, since I like to eat at least 5 deviled eggs and I would surely do the same thing regardless of their size.

photo from ourbestbites.com

A friend sent me this link with these beautiful eggs, dyed with silk neck ties. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment