Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Saturday on Julia Street: Jammin' on Julia

http://www.jamminonjulia.net


On Saturday we biked up to Julia Street for their monthly art walk. This month they were hosting the annual "Jammin' on Julia" walk. The difference being live musicians in most of the galleries. This was our first time to first Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the art. This arts district tends to attract a not so edgy crowd and the art I've seen in the past has been ho-hum. But, as I said I was pleasantly surprised. 

We started on Magazine and made our way up and down Julia. Our last stop was a graffiti show in the lower garden district, which was so good I regretfully forgot to take pictures. 

d.o.c.s studio: Robert Ortiz "Exploring the Abstract"


Martin Chaisson Gallery: featuring Jack Niven "Memory Logos"



probably my favorite piece of the night


The Foundation Gallery: featuring Casey Ruble 


not the same artist, but since I love Mary art,  I loved this!

Steve Martin Fine Art Gallery: art by Steve Martin 




Callan Contemporary:

Eva Hild
cool secret work room, not from the above gallery

Zombie Katrina a Modern Horror:

 


I love this ode to paint by numbers

Troy Dugas:


This gallery was closed by the time we got here, but the work inside is worth mentioning. These patterns are all made from liquor labels.



No comments:

Post a Comment