Thursday, March 8, 2012

Working

Been pretty busy of late. For the past several weeks I have been living and working in Baton Rouge, LA. It has been a pretty cool learning experience. This is my second show to work as a rigging grip;  the budget on this project is much bigger and so are the rigs. We've rigged 2 stages with multiple sets and several locations with some pretty involved rigs. I enjoy working on this large a scale, as well as the pacing of rigging. The day goes by quickly because you are working pretty continuously as oppose to the first unit pace which is alot of hurrying for alot of waiting. We are on a 'normal people' schedule for the most part, going in between 5-7AM and finishing by 5-7PM. However, I am trying to stay awake this morning to be able to sleep during the day because I go in at 10PM. I will work the next 2 days and have a 3 week break before returning to derig the stages. I would normally be stressing what the next job would be, but I have been invited to work with this crew on the next show, that will go through June. I am already quickly filling up my schedule for the 3 week break as well. 


Rigging Truck


 Condor Rig


 Hand Crank for lowering and raising a grid.


 Business Plan for Life


Day for Night Tent


 Day for Night Tent.



 Day for Night Tent.


Day for Night Tent.


Me On Top

In other news we had a Paper Cranes & Pendulum shoot this past weekend. Only 2 more 4 day shoots and this movie will be in the can! Every thing went really well. We incorporated some pretty involved choreography, complex lighting gags and camera moves, special effects make up, animals, and big set changes. Everyone hit their mark and was on point and we got some really great material. Paper Cranes and Pendulum is a narrative dance film written, produced, directed, and choreographed by Meryl Murman. I have been collaborating with her on this project for two years working as her Director of Photography. I'm really stoked to see the piece in its entirety. The edits I've seen are really beautiful. Follow the link for some great stills of this weekends shoot by DAG Photography NoLA 2. Below are some I like from past shoots


Big Number @ the Skull Club


Projector Improv
  

 A 'Bisected Soul'


 Weird Fish in NYC


 Fear of Flying


 Dragging


 Mi Zombi Cameo


 Plunge
 The Hanging Wolf


Finding Focus on the Tracks


Emyri & Me


Off they Go 

Playback


Graffiti Blocking


Weird Fish NYC




3 comments:

  1. I like all of you hair lengths over the course of paper cranes. And I LOVE the picture of you and Emyri on the tracks!

    ReplyDelete