Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Few Changes Around the House


I saw this idea on on Apartment Therapy (30 DIY Halloween Decorations) and would love to do it larger scale for Mardi Gras; with glittery masks on all the portraits. But, for Halloween I masked the portrait of Picasso and Durer that hangs in our living room.

The next two are semi permanent updates:

This dresser was first in my grandpa's childhood bedroom and then my dad's. Now it functions as a bar, Christian's dresser, and table linens drawer. I got permission to paint it from my grandma over the summer and had fantasies of painting it black! However, I ran out of time over Fall Break and am now thinking more along the lines of stripping and restoring the wood. But for now I replaced the old, dysfunctional knobs with new ones that my mom found at Anthropology on sale for $2.95.

Before:






Lastly, the stack of books in our bedroom was becoming a mess to keep up with. Not to mention the inconvenience of not being able to access any of the books without rebuilding the pile. So I bought a vertical bookshelf from Overstock.com. Much, much better. 

Before:


 After:


No comments:

Post a Comment