Sunday, February 17, 2013

XLVII

Recently there was this big sporting event in New Orleans, you may have heard of it: The Super Bowl. Anyways a friend who I have worked with in the past put my name in the mix to work as a camera utility. This was my first time working in live broadcast. My first time doing live television and it's the biggest show on Earth. A bit of a baptism by fire. Well needless to say I kicked ass at my job and had a total blast meeting amazing individuals and learning the machine that is live broadcast. For the record: I had nothing to do with the blackout.

golden ticket
view from the top
exclusive nap spot 
this guy was blocking my view the whole game
all access
confetti!
confetti angel

So get this. I'm taking my camera operator out to show him and his daughter around. We have an amazing dinner at Irene's. Then I'm all like 'why don't we head down towards my neighborhood and check out the local scene'. "It's a lot more low key than Bourbon" I think I said. So we roll up to the R Bar. It's pretty crowded even for a Saturday. So we go in and it's an epic dance party. Every track the DJ drops was like 'whoa' and there were folks dancin on the pool table, on the bar, and up on chairs. I'm all like 'who is this DJ that's making all these folk get down all crazy like?' Come to find out it was none other than Snoop Dogg. Tru story. So much for that low key evening.

Snoop DJs R Bar courtesy of EATER NOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment